11th

I really enjoyed drawing and learning about the skull and face structures. This week we learned about how to draw the eyes, nose, mouth and ears. I really love how she takes basic shapes and eventually turns them into the part of the body we are covering. Like the eye for example is sphere obviously, but then adding this distinct areas that can change based on the person like above and below the eye that make each person unique. I found it interesting that 1/3 of our eye is seen on the side of our head, I mean I guess I never really realized that until she said it then i started looking around. That was a great thing to know when drawing the face, because it will add the sense of the figure's 3-dimensionally.

The nose is another part of the face I found really interesting to learn. In genreal noses are tough, and learning the basic forms to start out with really excelled how well I could draw noses. I mean in all my face drawings, the nose is the first thing I start with because it connects to the rest of the face. ITs the center point of the face. Working from there made it easier to work my way back out of the face without running into to much disproportional issues. Next after the nose comes the mouth. She covered the basic stuff like, top lip is always above draw the middle lip line and not the others because it makes them look silly. yatta yatta, big bang boom!

Ears were really interesting to learn! They are soo weird in genreal I was really unsure how to draw them. But If you draw certain parts individually then combine them all together it turns out great! Now after this week of drawing facial features I can only imagine we will be drawing faces next week. Here are some eyes and nose drawings I did in class.

1 comment:

  1. Nice eyes! I thought those and the ears were the most fun to draw, I had a hard time with noses though. It is fun to see all of the facial features come together to make the face too!

    ReplyDelete